For information on PAStop.org click on the image below.
Did you know??
If someone starts drinking at age 15, he is 4 times more likely to become an alcoholic than if he doesn’t drink until age 21? (PA Dept. of Health)
Pennsylvania Tobacco Facts
- 17,300 youth in Pennsylvania will become new daily smokers every year
- 858,000 young Pennsylvanians will be exposed to secondhand smoke at home
- 300,000 kids now under 18 and living in Pennsylvania will ultimately die prematurely from smoking
- Smoking-caused health costs in Pennsylvania reach over 5 BILLION dollars
- Tobacco use kills more than 400,000 people each year in the U.S., more than the total number killed by AIDS, alcohol, motor vehicles, homicide, illegal drugs, and suicide combined