DID YOU KNOW???
Pennsylvania Tobacco Facts
- 130,400 Pennsylvania high school students smoke
- 17,300 youth in Pennsylvania will become new daily smokers every year
- 858,000 young Pennsylvanians will be exposed to secondhand smoke at home
- 300,000 kids now under 18 and living in Pennsylvania will ultimately die prematurely
- Smoking-caused health costs in Pennsylvania reach over 5 BILLION dollars
- Tobacco use kills more than 400,000 people each year in the U.S., more than the total number killed by AIDS, alcohol, motor vehicles, homicide, illegal drugs, and suicide combined
- It is estimated that 1,820 to 3,240 adults, children, and babies die in Pennsylvania each year from others’ smoking (secondhand smoke & pregnancy smoking)
- Exposure to secondhand smoke has been estimated to result in at least 38,000 annual deaths in the United States and over one million illnesses in children.
- Since 1970, smokeless, or spit, tobacco has gone from a product used primarily by older men to one used predominantly by young men and boys.Source: Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- York County Continuum of CareAll Pages
- Evidence-Based D&A Prevention Programs
- Family-Child Resources